This article assumes the device is enrolled in Barracuda Mobile Device Manager.
Barracuda Mobile Companion is a mobile app that runs on Android- and iOS-based devices and connects with Barracuda Mobile Device Manager. It is free and is available on the Google Play App Store and the iTunes App Store.
- Apple iPhones, iPads, and iPods running iOS 6.0 and higher
- Android devices running Ice Cream Sandwich (version 4.0) and higher
The following table describes the features available through the Barracuda Mobile Companion App.
- View device settings
- Unenroll a device using the application
- View Barracuda Mobile Device Manager enrollment status
- View details about profiles installed on a device
- Enable alerts for changes to a device so that you can approve installation or uninstallation of applications and profiles(1).
- Approve installation or uninstallation of applications and profiles.(1)
- View files shared by the administrator using Microsoft OneDrive or OneDrive for Business.
- Sign PDF files shared by the administrator through SignNow (iOS only)
- Contact the corporate or school support team from a device
- View Help documentation
- Credentials used to log into the Barracuda Mobile Companion App can be used to authenticate to Exchange ActiveSync servers, email servers, VPN, LDAP servers, calendar servers, and contact servers
- Select whether to enable Location services to allow the administrator to view a device location via GPS
- Receive administrator messages sent to the device
(1) This option can be overridden by the administrator.